Thursday, May 28, 2009

Still raining...and my lack of Green Thumb...

It was supposed to be sunny. But my flowers in my front lawn are loving this rain! I still have living flowers; it's quite amazing. See...I have no green thumb. It's true. My thumb is whatever color fits the description "kills all my plants but not on purpose just because I'm an idiot". My hubby bought me a potted flower plant for Mother's Day. It was beautiful. I accidentally left it out on a cold night and it got frosted. Two Mother's Days ago, my hubby and my son bought me two beautiful trees to plant in our front yard. One was an apple blossom tree and the other was a silver maple. They were beautiful. The deer (rats with long legs) ate them both. I bought a pretty rose bush, and some animal ate that down to the nubs (I did see some growth this spring though, so maybe there's hope for the roses). See what I mean?? I think when plants see me at the store I'm like that little girl from Finding Nemo. The plants quiver in fear, praying that I don't select them. Knowing that if I do, imminent death will follow.

Howbeit, I have a lilac bush I planted six years ago that's growing beautifully, and these yellow flowers that come back every year. I'm holding my breath on the rose bush. Maybe there's life left in her.

No comments:

Post a Comment