Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Welcome to my wonderful world...

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

This blog is a culmination of the many musings that go on in my head. Like right now....it's raining outside and is rather chilly and I love it. It makes me want to grab a blanket and a good book, curl up on the couch, and read. Until I fall asleep. It's also the smell. The beautiful earthy scent that reminds me that spring has sprung.

Do you love the rain? Not on Saturdays. There should be a rule of nature that rain doesn't happen on Saturdays. Saturday is about ball games and hot dogs and garage saling. We need sunshine and warmth for days like that. Actually if I'm honest with myself, I love sunshine more than rain. Well, I guess I mean I love sunshine and warmth over snow and cold. That's why I travelled to Florida TWICE this past winter. In Gaylord, it snows from November through March and even into April. It's mind-numbing grayness that leaves me feeling bleak and withdrawn. These traits are not good. No sir. So I pack my bags and travel south. It's my drug of choice. Forget speed, pot, nicotene, or even alcohol. Give me sunshine. Buckets and buckets full. Give it to intravenously if need be.

But, see, now I'm off topic. Right at this moment, I love the rain. Maybe because tomorrow it's suppose to be sunny.
;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment